The Weekly Independent: August 5, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Congresswoman Elise Stefanik introduced legislation to update labor laws and preserve the flexibility of independent work arrangements.
- Independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from July.
- Leaders need to brace themselves for the rise of the freelance executive, says Forbes.
- How to hire the right independent professional for your workforce needs.
- Fast Company provides simple steps for deciding whether you’re ready to work for yourself.
- How to future-proof your freelance skills for the long term, according to Forbes.
- The Ninth Circuit withdrew a recent decision, passing the question of whether the worker classification test articulated in Dynamex applies retroactively to the California Supreme Court, reports JD Supra.
- Thrive Global explores how to treat freelancers so they feel like part of the team.
- Entrepreneur discusses the fine art of client pitching.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.