Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• JD Supra lists three things employers should know when engaging independent contractors in the gig economy.
• How to land your next consulting contract.
• Forbes explores how AB 5 has changed the employment landscape.
• Tips for managing remote teams.
• Small Business Trends discusses how employers and independent contractors can remain independent under AB 5.
• Entrepreneur dives into the pros and cons of different business models.
• New York City issued guidance clarifying new independent contractor protections under the human rights law, reports Lexology.
• Business2Community looks at benefits to an online business model.
• Instacart will likely have to reclassify workers as independent contractors amid AB 5 lawsuits, says Staffing Industry Analysts.
• Thrive Global highlights one freelancer’s hack to manage stress and increase productivity.
• How to catch up on retirement when you’re self-employed, according to Business2Community.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!