Strategic Planning and Operations Consultant
Robert Casper graduated from the United States Naval Academy with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science. He earned a Master of Science Degree with a 4.0 GPA in Joint Campaign Strategy and Planning from National Defense University’s premier Joint Advanced Warfighting School. He holds a Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute.
Robert honorably served in the United States Navy for 20 years and retired at the rank of Commander. He served in the Pacific, European, and Middle Eastern theaters for multiple warship deployments and the Global War on Terrorism. Robert earned prestigious recognition for leading global projects, building crisis response organizations, integrating information systems, developing strategic plans, advising senior global level decision makers, and facilitating transformations and mergers. His personal awards include the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, and numerous personal and unit commendations.
- He orchestrated, organized, and formalized the annual global final Joint Force sourcing and risk management recommendation to Department of Defense senior leadership, optimally employing over 800,000 personnel and over $100 billion in annual budgets
- He standardized and synchronized a newly merged 1,100-person fleet staff to operate a full spectrum 24x7 global crisis response center to simultaneously support three major headquarters
Robert is the Owner and Principal Consultant for Veteran Integrated Solutions LLC, a Project Management and Contract Staffing firm. Beginning with his transition from the military to Amerigroup to his top-tier pharmaceutical client service, Robert leverages the experience of leading very large healthcare and financial operational programs:
- He led all corporate aspects of the Affordable Care Act Medicaid Expansion program in seven state markets encompassing $800 million in revenue, while simultaneously supporting Anthem’s acquisition of Amerigroup
- He operationalized and led Medical Loss Ratio Rebate operations across commercial state insurance markets with zero fines and zero major findings through multiple compliance audits
- He saved his leading pharmaceutical client’s patient access services program $3 million in labor costs while simultaneously expanding patient access hours by 75% and achieving targeted service levels
Robert specializes in leading and scaling diverse teams to define and achieve organization goals by planning, collaborating, innovating, adapting, making decisions, and executing. He is a strong advocate for employing Veterans to solve complex commercial challenges. Robert actively volunteers as a mentor and Masterclass instructor to the Virginia Beach Entrepreneurship and Business Academy at Kempsville High School.
Health Insurance, Professional Services
Communication, Leadership, Project Management, Operations Management, Strategic Planning