March 29, 2018
Working as an independent professional means that you get to be your own boss, set your own hours, create your own goals—you can do most of your work all on your own! However, being a successful independent professional requires developing and cultivating a strong network and establishing key relationships with others. Having strategic connections and an intentional approach to networking can make the difference between working on your passion project as a side gig and making it your full-time endeavor—it can impact your ability to grow your business and further your independent career. This webinar addresses:
- The importance and value of networking as it relates to growing your business
- Ways to map your current contacts in order to better understand your network
- How to develop a strategic action plan for reaching out to new contacts
- Options for introverts who might hate cocktail parties and extroverts who might be having trouble culling their outreach list
- Tips and tricks for networking in person and online
March 15, 2018
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is the biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in more than 20 years. While formal guidance on the tax code has yet to come out, it is clear that these new changes will have a big impact on both individuals working as independent contractors as well as the businesses that engage these individuals.
In this webinar, Gene Zaino, CEO of MBO Partners, and Eric H. Rumbaugh, Partner at law firm Michael Best & Friedrich, discuss:
- How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has changed the current tax code
- What independent contractors need to know about Section 199A
- The impact the new tax code may have on enterprises
- Steps independent contractors and enterprises should consider taking
February 22, 2018
The rise of one-million-dollar, one-person businesses in the past five years is the biggest trend in employment today, offering the widest range of people the most ways to earn a living while having the lifestyles they want. In The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business, Elaine Pofeldt outlines the pathways to joining this entrepreneurial movement, synthesizing advice from hundreds of business owners who've done it.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Identify a business with the potential to grow to seven-figure revenue—or pinpoint an area of your existing business where you have the potential to scale your revenue
- Develop the right mindset to grow your ultra-lean business to seven figures
- Expand what you can accomplish on your own by applying the strategies and systems used by successful million-dollar, one-person businesses
- Keep getting smarter about running your business so you can amplify what is really moving the needle toward $1 million in revenue
- Fine-tune your business to keep pace with your evolving personal and business goals.
You will come away with immediately actionable ideas on how a single business can generate $1 million in sustainable revenue—something only larger small companies have done in the past.
January 18, 2018
Going independent is on a lot of people’s minds. What’s not to get excited about? Greater freedom and flexibility. The possibility of increased satisfaction and wellness. Maybe even a chance to earn more. While it’s become the right path for many to follow, it’s a choice to be considered carefully and, ultimately, not the best for everyone to pursue. This interactive webinar will take participants through three critical considerations on their path to pursuing an independent career:
- Assessing Fit (Is this right for me?): There’s a whole lot that’s different about being an Independent, particularly if you’ve been working for a while in traditional roles. Learn more about the realities and challenges you’ll likely face and what it takes to weather them and succeed.
- Assessing Readiness (Do I have what it takes?): Succeeding long-term as in Independent requires a strong dose of disciplined self-leadership. We’ll outline three skills that differentiate Independents who thrive at what they do.
- Making the Transition (Where do I begin?): Determine your destination and plot your course. So where exactly are you going on your journey to independence? How do you get there from here? Do you make a big leap or take a series of small steps?
November 2, 2017
Are you on track to meet your goals this year? You don't have to wait until the end of the year to assess your accomplishments and whether you are on track to meet your goals. In this webinar, John Jantsch , marketing consultant, speaker and best selling author of Duct Tape Marketing, explained the 5 things you can do to restart your plan and to develop a marketing plan for the next year that meets your goals.
September 21, 2017
Work-life balance has nothing to do with work and everything to do with life. It doesn’t matter which words you use to describe this balance. The fact is, most people share a similar desire to create easy joy and meaningful engagement across the roles, relationships and responsibilities that make up life. Yet, our current habits, perceptions and beliefs often get us stuck.
In the Five Truths About Work-Life Balance webinar, Jae Ellard explored the global truths about work-life balance and introduced possibilities to get unstuck from habitual patterns and ideas. This presentation presented five fresh perspectives on work-life balance and engaged participants to explore their personal relationship with balance. Participants left the webinar with greater awareness of what balance means to them and meaningful strategies for creating balance.
July 13, 2017
The buying process has changed completely in the last couple of years, thanks to mobile and Google. There is no funnel; that’s our sales process. What you need to map is your future client's buying process, including how they want to buy from you and how to make it easy for them to hire you. Kristin Zhivago, president and co-founder of Cloud Potential, a company dedicated to helping companies gain a fair advantage in the midst of the digital revolution, discussed strategies from her new book, “Roadmap to Revenue: How to Sell the Way Your Customers Want to Buy,” and specifically how these tactics apply to industry consultants. She offered actionable tools, rules, and principles that will help you sell more in this exclusive MBO Partners webinar.
June 29, 2017
Erin Daniels of Design for People was the guest speaker of our webinar on creating and marketing your website as an independent consultant. In today’s increasingly “online first” age, your website is often the first impression people will have of your business so it’s important that it reflects your brand, services, and skills. Erin, founder of Design for People, a boutique digital consultancy, knows firsthand how important it is to get the message right – she’s been an independent consultant for more than 10 years and recently rebranded her company. Erin walked participants through case studies, shared steps and considerations for creating your own consulting website, and discussed tips on when DIY vs. the professional route is preferred.
March 9, 2017
Learn how to set a bill rate that works for you and your business in this exciting and hands-on webinar hosted by Brennan Dunn, founder of Double Your Freelancing. Brennan explains how to find your value in the marketplace and tips and techniques to set a billing rate that works for you and your clients. Whether you're a new consultant, considering independence, or an experienced self-employed professional looking to take your business to the next level, this webinar provides great tips on how to assess whether you are charging what you are worth.
January 26, 2017
Most professionals who want to start a consulting business are very confident in their technical expertise and ability to deliver great results for their clients. However, they often need help starting and running a business. This informative and actionable webinar, featuring Catherine Morgan, a career transitions expert and owner of Point A to Point B Transitions, covers important topics relating to landing your first client and starting your independent business, including:
- What are the personality traits of a successful independent consultant
- How to maintain a mindset for success during the inevitable ups and downs
- Why it is important to get support for you and your business
- How to stand firmly in your value when you don’t have a big brand behind you
- How to look professional on a bootstrapper’s budget
This webinar took place January 26, 2017.