Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• HR Director explores how digital nomads are shaping the world of work in 2020.
• Independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from January.
• Forbes discusses what to expect when hiring freelancers from the gig economy.
• Independent contractors are already finding ways to work around AB5, Quartz reports.
• Financial management topics to become familiar with before starting a small business.
• New Jersey is enacting major changes on the independent contractor front, says Lexology.
• Tax do’s and don’ts for gig workers, from Forbes.
• California lawmakers are discussing rolling back the new misclassification law, Law 360 reports.
• The Hill explores seven ways Trump and congress can boost small businesses.
• How to increase your productivity as a solopreneur.
• The Motley Fool explores the ins and outs of a Solo 401(k).
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!