The Weekly Independent: March 5, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) continues their determination of whether or not independent contractor misclassification violates the National Labor Relations Act.
- The risks of independent contractor engagement and how to avoid them.
- Forbes explores why more Americans want to ditch their jobs and go freelance.
- The Supreme Court agreed to hear the appeal of a case involving a large trucking carrier and a long-haul driver over whether labor disputes brought by independent contractors can be forced into arbitration.
- How to establish teaming relationships with other independent professionals.
- A Massachusetts state Appeals Court ruled that delivery drivers for the Patriot Ledger newspaper are employees and not independent contractors.
- These 10 countries are the best places in which be your own boss.
- Advice from an entrepreneur on how to nail your small business marketing.
- Why big-company freelancing may soon get a lot easier.