The Weekly Independent: April 9, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- USA Today explores how independent contractors can budget for taxes and avoid unexpected bills.
- Five ways to attract new clients to an established consulting business.
- This podcast from the McKinsey Global Institute looks at how automation will affect jobs, skills, and wages.
- What HR leaders need to know about the new changes to the tax code.
- Use these 8 apps to manage your time, achieve your goals, and master productivity.
- 3.9 million Americans, including freelancers, now work from home at least half the week, according to a new report.
- This proposed California law would establish portable benefits for gig companies.
- Follow these 8 tips to boost your productivity and profit.
- Entrepreneur explores why the gig economy is a net positive.
- Self-employed workers are happier than traditional employees, new research finds.
- If you haven’t filed your taxes yet, don’t rush through them CNBC says.
- This new startup is helping freelancers get paid.