The Weekly Independent: May 21, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- MBO Partners’ CEO Gene Zaino discusses ways organizations can mitigate risk when engaging independent contractors in a Forbes op-ed.
- Five habits of the highly effective entrepreneur.
- A new study from SAP Fieldglass found that 44% of workforce spend at large corporations is on external, non-employee talent.
- How to create a business plan for a small business.
- Forbes outlines 7 steps for creating a successful business system as a self-employed professional.
- Why cities should be courting freelancers, according to Quartz.
- New Jersey state lawmakers are proposing a new set of labor regulations to help freelancers get paid on time and ensure they are treated fairly.
- A freelancer’s guide to going green.
- Lexology reports on the top five labor law developments in April.
- Business.com explores the benefits of being a freelancer.
- The future tech industry may lean heavily towards freelance work, says Forbes.