The Weekly Independent: June 12, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The U.S. Department of Labor withdrew its 2015 and 2016 informal guidance on joint employment and independent contractors.
- Brexit may cause increased competition for top talent, a new survey finds.
- 10 main differences between independent contractors and employees.
- Retirement saving tips for independent contractors.
- The National Labor Relations Board may be joining the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor in issuing penalties for misclassification of employees as independent contractors.
- 6 strategies to better manage your business finances.
- Freelancer management system Shortlist announced a $1.5 million seed funding round.
- New legislation in Texas and Florida update laws for ride-sharing companies and drivers.
- Forbes examines the advantages and disadvantages of calling yourself a “freelancer.”
- Four challenges self-employed professionals face today.
- Finance mobile app Valut now offers ways for independent contractors to save for retirement.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.