The Weekly Independent: July 8, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• WTOP explores why it’s easier to be your own boss than you may think.
• Four ways to minimize worker misclassification.
• A look at what’s driving the change behind the growing independent workforce.
• What we know and don’t know about independent workers and retirement savings, from PEW.
• Ten self-employment myths explained.
• XPO logistics will pay $16.5 million in a driver misclassification settlement, Supply Chain Drive reports.
• Forbes gives advice on things to consider when working with international clients as a freelancer.
• How to manage remote freelance workers, from SmallBusiness.co.uk.
• Five books for the independent solopreneur from Inc.
• JD Supra provides a guide for conducing due diligence for independent contractor misclassification liability.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.