The Weekly Independent: July 16, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Last week we released our 2018 State of Independence in America study, which reports on 8 years of insight on the growth of the independent workforce. Check out coverage from Spend Matters, Gig Economy Data Hub, Staffing Industry Analysts, BenefitsPRO, and Forbes.
- SideHusl explores how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will impact the self-employed.
- The Motley Fool outlines the differences between an independent contractor and an employee.
- Temporary workers don’t see automation as much of a threat in the future, a Staffing Industry Analysts survey finds.
- Five ways to attract top freelancers, according to Forbes.
- Real Business dives into the issue of workers’ rights in the UK gig economy.
- How libraries are becoming a hub for freelancers, gig workers, and entrepreneurs.
- Business 2 Community looks at how to find work as a freelancer.
- CNBC reports on five ways to make the gig economy work for you.
- Time explores whether or not working remotely is bad for your health.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.