The Weekly Independent: September 24, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- How to choose the best freelance marketplace.
- The Atlantic investigates what happens when gig-economy workers become employees.
- Don’t miss our webinar this Thursday! Learn how to cultivate learning agility as an independent professional.
- PYMNTS looks at opening up mortgages for independent workers.
- Forbes asks: is self-employment right for you?
- The IRS provides information about tax reform changes affecting small businesses and self-employed taxpayers.
- A California drayage company was ordered to pay $3.5 million in back wages to workers, including subcontractors, Supply Chain Drive reports.
- Forbes explores the changing dynamic of the American workforce.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.