The Weekly Independent: October 15, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.Forbes explores whether a boss-free future is in store.
- Five reasons to hire independent contractors.
- JD Supra’s September independent contractor misclassification and compliance news update.
- The UK government may be planning a crackdown on self-employed people who work through private companies, sparking outrage among independent contractors, The Times reports.
- Small business certifications to consider as an independent professional.
- Independent contractor classifications aren’t becoming “safer,” the National Law Review notes.
- Slate looks at how the new Supreme Court makeup may change decisions regarding independent worker rights.
- Forbes looks at what exactly constitutes an independent contractor designation.
- How to establish long-term relationships with clients, according to Entrepreneur.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.