The Weekly Independent: October 31, 2016
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Miss our webinar on federal contracting last week? Never fear – we have the recording right here. You’ll learn valuable tips for how to break into the federal market as an IC.
- Uber drivers in the U.K. won a landmark court case Friday that means they will qualify for the minimum wage, paid time off and other perks.
- Looking to go full-time as an IC? These three people made the side hustle their full-time gig. Here’s how.
- Lexology took a deep dive in to a recent misclassification case regarding yoga instructors in New York City.
- Follow these tips if you’re saving for retirement as a self-employed professional.
- Planned Obamacare rate hikes are particularly damaging for self-employed professionals, the Palm Beach Post reports.
- Brexit plans remain murky, but self-employed workers in the UK are feeling particularly at odds. This article explores some of the current concerns.
- An article from The Daily Signal looks at how Congress can help gig economy workers, based on a new piece of research from The Heritage Foundation.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.