The Weekly Independent: November 5, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Harvard Business Review corrects gig economy myths.
- How to find and engage top independent talent.
- In the future, companies will hire remote teams rather than remote employees, hypothesizes Quartz.
- October misclassification and compliance news from October.
- Inc. explores why remote workers are outperforming office workers.
- Many self-employed professionals in the UK will face a higher tax bill in 2020 when IR35 is extended to the private sector, the BBC reports.
- Why mothers are returning to freelancing rather than a permanent job, according to Forbes.
- The Atlantic asks: what does working from home do to your immune system?
- Fast Company takes a look at how freelancing has changed over the past five years.
- Five unexpected perks of being a freelance parent.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.