The Weekly Independent: November 6, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Art of Procurement’s latest podcast features MBO Partners’ CEO, Gene Zaino.
- Income for independent workers may decline if global freelancing trends extend to the U.S., MarketWatch reports.
- The Wall Street Journal explores why companies should hire teams rather than individuals.
- A look at the cost of employee misclassification on independent contractors.
- New rules in the UK may target self-employed freelancers, according to Business Insider.
- Open enrollment has started! Here are five health insurance options for independent professionals.
- Forbes shares 10 skills that are in hot demand for freelancers.
- Grubhub’s closing arguments defend the 1099 independent contractor model, TechCrunch reports.
- London cab company Addison Lee recently lost two cases involving independent contractor classification.
- Not all tax deductions may be worth it, CNBC says.
- A New Jersey Appellate Court has a new finding for part C of the “ABC” test, which is used to determine independent contractor status.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.