The Weekly Independent: News & Notes for Independent Contractors around the Web, August 25th Edition
So here’s a roundup of the best posts, articles, and links we saw this past week to help you keep up with trends and manage your #IndependentLife.
- The Boston Globe took a look at gigs vs. jobs.
- But the L.A. Times sees a trend in start-up contractors becoming employees.
- Our own Dave Putt is hosting an upcoming webinar on The Big Advantages of Becoming Independent on September 3rd. Have you registered?
- Fast Company agrees that the “Freelancer Economy” is the future of work.
- Interesting research from the Reynolds Center dug deeper into Intuit’s 2020 estimates for the on-demand economy.
- In a recent blog post, MBO discussed how important performance reviews are – even for the self-employed.
- MBO Partners was named to the 2015 Staffing Industry Analysts “Largest Human Cloud Platforms in the World” List – in company with names like Uber!
- Peter Block announced a new September webinar with MBO on “Authentic Ways to Build a Consulting Practice.” Sign up today for the September 10th event.
That’s all for this week! Have news of note that you’d like us to digest? Tweet us at @MBOPartners, “Like” us on Facebook or give us a follow on LinkedIn and keep the #IndependentLife tag moving all week long.