The Weekly Independent: February 12, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Spend Matters explores why technology-enabled direct sourcing is needed to engage highly skilled independent professionals.
- Lawmakers are discussing retirement savings options for gig economy workers, The Hill reports.
- Looking to team up with another independent professional? Here’s how to find the right consulting partner.
- Fast Company gives advice on how to manage your money in the gig economy.
- California’s Supreme Court heard oral arguments to define “independent contractor,” Lexology reports.
- Individual and group healthcare coverage options for independents.
- A detailed look at what tax reform means for small businesses and pass-through entities from Forbes.
- The UK is looking to set new safeguards for gig workers, Bloomberg reports.
- How to find a mentor as a freelancer, according to Entrepreneur.
- The new tax law may benefit Uber and Lyft drivers, CNBC reports.