The Weekly Independent: February 18, 2019
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Three important components of independent contractor compliance to minimize the risk of misclassification.
- Effective use of contingent and freelance workers is something HR professionals need to consider in 2019, says HR Technologist.
- The California Court of Appeal reversed a trial court order, concluding that an in-home caregiver may be an employee and not an independent contractor, Lexology reports.
- Four steps to managing and measuring the success of your independent workforce.
- Gig economy platforms in Europe may face future challenges in light of recent rulings, according to JD Supra.
- Forbes explores why HR must embrace the freelance revolution.
- The CPA Journal takes a deep dive into the IRS and Department of Labor’s focus on worker classification.
- Six tax tips for freelancers from Mic.
- The way we work is changing, but independent contractor risk remains the same, says Workforce.
- Forbes asks: is the UK after Brexit a freelance economy?
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.