The Weekly Independent: March 11, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The MBO Partners website has a new look. Be sure to check it out!
- In his latest op-ed for Forbes, our CEO, Gene Zaino, discusses the importance of independent contractor satisfaction and how to achieve it.
- The New York Times on how to become a digital nomad.
- Lyft IPO cites drivers’ contractor classification as a potential risk, HR Dive reports.
- According to new research, 47% of employers plan to recruit part-time, contract, or temporary workers.
- The National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) decision to revise the independent contractor standard continues the trend of employer-friendly actions, says JD Supra.
- Starting your own business can lead to better work/life balance, Inc. reports.
- Staffing Industry Analysts provides details about the UK government’s decision to move ahead with plans to expand IR35 rules to the private sector.
- U.S. News & World Report provides tax reform tips for gig workers.
- Four ways to build a strong reputation as a freelancer, according to Forbes.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!