The Weekly Independent: April 30, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- How organizations can overcome barriers to successfully engage independent professionals and become more agile in today’s competitive business environment.
- Nearly half of Millennials are already freelancing—HR Dive explores what that means for independent work.
- Lexology looks at Uber’s latest legal win and what the ruling means for determining worker classification in the rideshare industry.
- Our summary of top independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from March.
- Deloitte’s latest Global Human Capital Trends study found that 40% of workers are now involved in some type of contingent work arrangement.
- Freelancer confidence in the UK has fallen due to concerns about Brexit, according to a new report from the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed (IPSE).
- An opinion piece in the Los Angeles Times asks what protections are needed for workers in the gig economy.
- Forbes looks at benefits of a SEP-IRA versus a Solo 401(k) for independent workers.
- Misclassification legal and economic risks can be avoided by knowing the difference between independent contractors and employees, Lexology says.
- Three questions to ask yourself before going independent.