The Weekly Independent: June 5, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Freelance management system Lystable is rebranding and changing its name to Kalo.
- 5 legal requirements your small business should be aware of.
- Why you may not be getting repeat business as a freelancer, according to Business Insider.
- A former California Uber driver claims she was wrongfully classified as an independent contractor.
- Four strategies to keep in mind for successful independent contractor engagement.
- The UK’s Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed (IPSE) launched a manifesto, “A Contract with the Self-Employed,” which details a set of suggested policies to support the self-employed.
- Check out these 8 books for practical advice on making the leap into the freelance world.
- Forbes looks at the legalities of deducting moving expenses if you’re self-employed.
- How Uber has changed the way we think about employment.
- 5 freelance tasks you should be automating.
- How intellectual property rights apply to foreign independent workers.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.