The Weekly Independent: July 29, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Spend Matters gives their takeaways from the ProcureCon Contingent Staffing Conference.
• A student’s global view of the freelance revolution, from Forbes.
• How to overcome compliance risk when engaging independent contractors.
• Learn when an independent contractor should really be classified as an employee.
• New Jersey is poised to crack down on employee misclassification, says JD Supra.
• Harvard Business Review explores why the debate over how to classify gig workers is missing the bigger picture.
• How to hit $1 million in revenue when you’re self-employed, from Money.com.
• The Motley Fool gives tips for managing time as a work-from-home freelancer.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.