The Weekly Independent: August 28, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Spend Matters explores how changing human capital requirements are affecting the contingent workforce.
- Three productivity tips to make the most out of each day.
- A recent survey looks at the impact of technology on economic potential, and whether or not people in the U.S. believe they can thrive in this new world of work.
- How to improve independent workforce program adoption.
- LocalSolo takes a look at gig economy themes and trends.
- Why proper reference checks are important when engaging freelance talent, according to the Huffington Post.
- The Guardian looks at psychological factors of happy workers—one of which is self-employment.
- An opinion on how employment is going in the direction of a freelancer economy.
- A National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) ruling found that NBA electronic display operators are employees, not independent contractors.
- How to turn your solo business into an entrepreneurial startup, according to Fast Company.
- Create a winning proposal for your next project by following these steps.
- The 7 skills managers will need in 2025.
- Why independent contractors may want to consider cyber insurance.
- A Seattle City Council member asked Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to start a national conversation with other gig economy employers.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.