The Weekly Independent: September 10, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Forbes reports on MBO Partners’ latest State of Independence Research Brief about digital nomads.
- Most HR leaders are hiring more gig workers, HR Dive reports.
- What you need to know about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and recently proposed guidance from the IRS as an independent professional.
- MBO Partners’ CEO, Gene Zaino, discusses the present and future of America’s independent workforce in an interview for the BIGcast.
- Personality traits of successful independent contractors.
- Skuid’s latest webinar covers 7 questions CTOs should ask about developing applications for business users, and features MBO’s VP of solutions design, John Dahlberg.
- Self-employed workers seeking mortgages may have good news soon, the Chicago Tribune reports.
- Alaska Gov. Bill Walker signed a compensation reform bill that aims to reduce administrative costs and provide a clear definition of independent contractors, according to Business Insurance.
- Entrepreneur explores five habits successful business leaders use every day.
- A federal judge dismissed two class-action lawsuits claiming a trucking company misclassified drivers as independent contractors.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.