The Weekly Independent: September 17, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- MBO Partners’ CEO, Gene Zaino, writes about the growing trend of digital nomads in an op-ed for Tlnt.
- 10 important differences between independent contractors and employees.
- Forbes asks: how ready is your organization for the freelance revolution?
- How to improve your contingent workforce management program.
- California’s employee versus independent contractor test just got more complicated, Bloomberg BNA reports.
- The IRS provides information about tax reform changes affecting small businesses and self-employed taxpayers.
- Five signs your freelance business is ready to go full-time, according to Entrepreneur.
- The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) proposed a new joint-employer definition, which may result in fewer businesses being labeled as joint employers, Blomberg Law reports.
- How to tackle loneliness when working as an independent professional.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.