The Weekly Independent: December 17, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- MBO Partners’ CEO, Gene Zaino, discusses four ways today’s leaders can use the independent workforce to complete their talent strategy in an op-ed for Forbes.
- A reflection on major independent workforce trends from 2018 and a look ahead to changes in the New Year.
- New changes to the joint-employer standard may make it difficult for contractor workers to hold employers accountable for labor law violations, Staffing Industry Analysts reports.
- Four key strategies to keep in mind for successful independent contractor engagement.
- Clients look for these red flags when considering engaging independent talent, says Forbes.
- JD Supra explores whether independent contractor transportation workers are exempt from the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Five marketing tips for independent business owners.
- Independent contractor compliance and misclassification news from the past month, from JD Supra.
- Entrepreneur gives tips for building a strong personal brand in 2019.
- An independent professional reflects on what she’s learned one year into self-employment.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.