The Weekly Independent: September 28, 2015
With so much going on, we still know the importance of keeping up to date with the industry. That’s why we make it a priority to bring you the very best industry news each week our #IndependentLife roundup.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
- Having “too many clients” is a real problem. Here are seven simple tips on how to get back to a happy balance.
- The gig economy is changing the landscape of business. From evolving “talent clusters” to an increased freelance economy, this new type of working is changing the way we do business.
- MBO welcome’s industry veteran John Piazza to its executive team.
- A new survey shows that we’re more satisfied at work than ever before – but not for the reasons you may think. Here’s how changing our mindsets can lead to a change in attitude.
- Massachusetts has received more than $250,000 from the federal government to help prevent employee misclassification, and New Hampshire got more than $700,000. It’s all part of more than $39 million in federal efforts across the nation.
- DoorDash and GrubHub are the latest on-demand employers to be sued over independent contractor classification. Cue the floodgates of legal action.
- Are employees better off than contractors? The San Francisco Chronicle examines the finite difference between the two classes.