The Weekly Independent: June 3, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from May.
• Bryan Pena, MBO’s senior vice president, gives tips for conducting a self-evaluation as an independent professional in an op-ed for Recruiter.
• Five unique ways to present client testimonials.
• California’s state Assembly approved a bill which codifies a stricter test for independent contractor misclassification, Staffing Industry Analysts reports.
• Forbes explores why the freelance life may get easier and more lucrative in the future.
• How the travel and hospitality industries are responding to the rise of digital nomads.
• Analytics Insight explores how AI will transform the freelance job market.
• Tips for managing a freelance gig in addition to a full-time job from Thrive Global.
• Advice from Forbes on how to turn your freelance business into a profitable agency.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.