The Weekly Independent: June 10, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• A 101 guide to direct sourcing.
• HR dive provides a catch-up on worker classification issues.
• Ten tips for increasing adoption of contingent workforce management policies.
• National Law Review explores whether worker classification audits becoming more frequent.
• The many benefits of the Solo 401(k), from Forbes.
• Fast Company discusses important factors to keep in mind when outsourcing work to independent contractors.
• FT Adviser explore investment solutions for the self-employed.
• Forbes looks at the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) and the US Department of Labor’s (DOL) stance on worker classification.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.