Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• The California state Assembly passed a bill requiring businesses to prove that workers are independent contractors, Engadget reports, and several states may follow suit says CNBC.
• A 101 guide to direct sourcing.
• HR dive provides a catch-up on worker classification issues.
• Ten tips for increasing adoption of contingent workforce management policies.
• National Law Review explores whether worker classification audits becoming more frequent.
• The many benefits of the Solo 401(k), from Forbes.
• Fast Company discusses important factors to keep in mind when outsourcing work to independent contractors.
• FT Adviser explore investment solutions for the self-employed.
• Forbes looks at the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) and the US Department of Labor’s (DOL) stance on worker classification.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!