Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Independent workers are continuing to find business outside of the U.S., business.com reports.
• Three ways to mitigate the risk of non-compliance with independent contractors.
• High-end, on-demand professionals can provide the skills needed for businesses to complete important work, says Quartz.
• How to market your skills in an online job marketplace.
• New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy is cracking down on independent contractor misclassification, report JD Supra and the New Jersey Globe.
• HR Dive covers a $1.5M misclassification wage suit settlement for medical coders.
• JD Supra provides June independent contractor misclassification and compliance news.
• Three retirement plans for freelancers and small businesses from Forbes.
• The National Center for Business Journalism provides a guide to negotiating freelance pay rates.
• Five ways to kickstart your freelance career, according to CEO World.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!