The Weekly Independent: October 22, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Our recap of key themes from the 2018 SIA CWS Summit and GigE events.
- Independent work and coworking increase mental and physical well-being, says Small Business Labs.
- How independent professionals can land a contract with a big company.
- A Legal Talk Network podcast discusses independent contractors and the perils of misclassification.
- Uber drivers propose a $1.3 million deal in a nationwide misclassification case, Reuters reports.
- Forbes explores how to maintain a productive mindset when you are self-employed.
- Freddie Mac now offers the first and only self-employment income assessment solution available for the mortgage industry.
- Four questions to ask before hiring a freelancer, according to Fox Business.
- Website security is an important factor for independent contractors to consider, says Forbes.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.