FAQs for Client Managers
About the Marketplace
The MBO marketplace is an online platform you can use to publish project opportunities to independent professionals. When you publish an opportunity, our marketplace is able to search, match, and notify qualified talent about your project. You can also search the marketplace yourself to find talent that fit your project requirements.
The marketplace also allows you to build your own community of talent. Having a talent community allows you to find independent workers who have provided value to you or your company in the past, which reduces your time to fill.
To join the marketplace,
- If you are a current MBO client, contact your Account Director.
- If you are a large enterprise, request access by submitting your name and business email address.
- If you are an independent consultant or small business, join the talent marketplace.
After registering, you can log in to the marketplace at any time using your username and password.
When should I use MBO's marketplace?
Use the marketplace to publish any new opportunities or search for available talent. Talent can then view and express interest in your projects.
Why should I post a project in MBO's marketplace?
The MBO marketplace gives you access to available independent professionals who are looking for their next project.
By using the marketplace, you can:
- Increase quality. In the marketplace, you are going directly to the talent. No third-party involvement gives you maximum control over the experience and quality of the talent you select.
- Save time. Your opportunities are broadcast to thousands of experienced, highly skilled independents looking for project work.
- Reduce costs. Finding independent professionals in the marketplace minimizes costs by going directly to the source (at a sizable benefit to your P&L).
- Minimize risk. The marketplace integrates directly with MBO's workforce management program, ensuring ongoing reduction in reclassification risk.
There are no additional fees for using the marketplace.
Standard MBO Partners engagement fees apply when you find a resource in the marketplace for your project. This keeps cost to a minimum and provides the highest quality talent to your organization.
Inviting someone is easy. Here's how it works:
- Click "Talent" located on the top navigation bar and select "Invite Talent."
- Enter an email address and then click Enter or Return on your keyboard.
- The email address will then be added to the invite list.
- If you'd like, you can invite multiple people by adding additional email addresses.
- Once you have created your invite list and completed any optional fields, click "Send Invitation" to send the invite(s) to the talent on your list.
Yes. You can find independent professionals who have previously completed projects for your company. This feature allows you to access your company's community of trusted independent talent.
When you search for talent or view a talent profile, you can easily review if they have worked with your company before. You'll also see the name of the manager at your company they worked with previously.
Creating Opportunities and Finding Talent
Creating an opportunity for talent to express interest in is easy. Follow these instructions:
Click the “Create New Opportunity” button in the top navigation bar.
- Upload a copy of the project description by dragging it into the designated area or importing the description in Word or PDF (no images are allowed). You can also enter the project’s details manually (e.g., title, location, budget, and required skills) in the editor screen. Note that all the information may not populate when importing a description; you'll then need to enter the remaining details manually.
- After the opportunity listing is complete, click the “Publish” button to publish the opportunity. Note that you can also click the “Save” button to save a draft and come back to it later.
- Your opportunity is now published! Talent can view and express interest in it.
Yes. You can choose to allow the entire MBO Talent Network to view the opportunity or limit it only to talent in your network.
Independent professionals search for and can be matched to projects that fit their skills and interests.
They will then click the “I’m Interested” button on the opportunity posting to let you know they are interested.
View and interact with respondents by clicking on the “Opportunities” tab in the top navigation bar.
Select the opportunity on the left side. Each candidate who has expressed interest will appear on the list of respondents. You can then view their profiles to learn more about each candidate and determine who may be appropriate for your project.
After someone has expressed interest in your opportunity, you can contact them directly using the contact information listed in their profile. This is how you can determine if the talent is a good fit for your project.
Talent are automatically notified when an opportunity's status changes.
When you have found someone who you want to engage with on an opportunity, you can then accept them to the project.
To do so, click the “Accept” button next to their profile in the list of respondents.
The MBO marketplace automatically notifies the accepted applicant and informs the other applicants that they were not chosen.
The opportunity is then closed, and the selected individual is directed through your company's onboarding process. During this time, you should begin to determine the final rate with the individual. The worker’s contact information is available on their profile for your convenience.
Someone from MBO will reach out to you to coordinate the final steps required to fully onboard the resource, so they can begin the project.
- If no one has expressed interest in your opportunity, you can share the opportunity with talent in your company's network or other contacts of your own. To share the opportunity, click the ellipses (looks like ...)
- Then click "Share Opportunity."
- From here, you can either share the opportunity with talent in your community (click "Select Talent"), by email (click "Share by email") or via the social media platform of your choice – Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn (click “Share this opportunity through social media)
Search for talent in your network by clicking “Talent” in the top menu and then “Talent Search” in the dropdown that appears.
Use the top navigation keyword search to search by skills, experience, name, etc. To narrow your search, apply the available skills, location, specialty, bill rate, engagement type, community membership, and/or user attributes filters. If you find appropriate talent, simply reach out to them via their profile contact information or share a published opportunity with them in the marketplace.