The Weekly Independent: May 22, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- New York City’s “Freelance Isn’t Free” law took effect last week. The act puts strict requirements in place for individuals or entities that engage freelance workers.
- Best practices for managing an independent contractor workforce.
- Branding and marketing tips for your freelance business.
- How to set boundaries at work as an independent contractor.
- Uber is piloting a new workers’ compensation program that may inspire other gig economy platforms, Bloomberg BNA reports.
- Forbes suggests 5 important goals to keep in mind during your first two years of freelancing.
- 78 percent of UK freelancers have seen either no change or an increase in 2017 freelance earnings, according to a new survey.
- Thinking of creating a personal website? Here are 10 website development tools to put to use.
- 7 reasons to consider becoming an independent contractor.
- Some gig economy workers are using a loophole to avoid paying taxes, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.