The Weekly Independent: January 2, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- A reflection on major independent workforce trends from 2017 and a look ahead to new changes in 2018.
- The Washington Post explores what Europe’s latest Uber ruling means for the future of the gig economy.
- We announced our partnership with PeopleTicker, which will provide clients and independent consultants with market rate information.
- Independent workers are experienced, highly educated, and ambitious, HR Dive reports.
- Three innovative solutions the gig economy provides for employers.
- A how-to guide for building your personal brand.
- Why coworking isn’t about workspace—it’s about feeling less lonely.
- The Observer dispels common gig economy myths.
- Forbes details how to give yourself the gift of lower taxes.
- How the new tax bill could create a nation of freelancers, according to Mic.
- Wired explores how to fix the system of gig economy ratings.
- Forbes looks at how Millennials feel about outsourcing.
- Small Biz Labs predicts continued rapid growth in global coworking.