The Weekly Independent: January 14, 2019
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Three key benefits an independent contractor compliance program can offer your organization.
- USA Today discusses the top three small business trends on the rise for 2019.
- Uber has agreed to pay $1.3M to settle its oldest outstanding misclassification lawsuit, HR Dive reports.
- Best practices for managing your independent contractor workforce to avoid costly reclassification issues.
- Business Insider lists 11 tax deductions to be aware of as an independent contractor.
- Academic studies show the gig economy is larger than government data suggests, says Small Business Labs.
- The growing impact of the California Supreme Court’s Dynamex decision.
- Five predictions for the freelance economy in 2019, from Forbes.
- Top tips to kick off a freelance career in the new year, according to Business 2 Community.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.