Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Everything you need to know about the CARES Act and how it applies to you.
• Inc., the Washington Post, and JD Supra provide further guidance on small-business loans during the time of COVID-19.
• How to stay productive when working remotely.
• Money gives advice to self-employed professionals for getting retirement on savings on track.
• The Paycheck Protection Program may be delayed for independent contractors and self-employed workers, reports CNBC.
• Independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from March.
• Business2Community explores five traits of successful freelancers.
• The UK Chancellor announced measures to support the self-employed facing economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic, says JD Supra.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!