The Weekly Independent: May 29, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- How to access, attract, and retain great freelance talent in the gig economy.
- Don’t miss our webinar this week about how to build a professional brand.
- The New York Times investigates how to stick to a schedule when you work from home.
- More Millennials envision leaving their job within two years—seeing the gig economy as a good alternative, Deloitte’s latest Millennial Survey found.
- 10 myths to keep in mind when engaging independent contractors.
- Fast Company looks at the costs that go into self-employment.
- Four steps for saving for retirement as a freelancer, according to Money.
- Questions left open by California Supreme Court Dynamex decision, and a history and overview of the case.
- An IRS safe harbor stops misclassification penalties, Bloomberg BNA reports.
- Most self-employed workers in the UK think Brexit won’t affect their business.
- The Washington Post explores what the future of work might look like through the lens of Uber.
- Three personal saving and investing tips for freelancers from Forbes.