The Weekly Independent: June 11, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The Aspen Institute Future of Work and Cornell University’s ILR School launched the Gig Economy Data Hub, an online collection of gig economy data, studies, and information.
- Small Business Labs explored how the new Contingent Workforce Survey from the Bureau of Labor Statistics compares to MBO’s own State of Independence.
- CardRates.com explores how organizations must adapt to meet the needs of independent workers.
- Take our quiz to determine if self-employment is right for you.
- Freelancers are winning the war for talent, says Forbes.
- The U.S. federal government is set to release data about the size and scope of the gig economy, QZ reports.
- How to reach your target audience as an independent consultant.
- JD Supra shares a podcast that discusses recent developments in California employment law.
- Amazon has asked a Seattle federal judge to hold off ruling on a delivery driver misclassification case, Reuters reports.
- The Motley Fool looks at the best and worst parts of self-employment.