The Weekly Independent: July 31, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Gene Zaino, MBO’s CEO, outlines why compliance should be top of mind for all organizations that engage independent professionals in a Forbes op-ed.
- Find the best self-employed retirement option with this infographic.
- The on-demand economy will be a $57 billion market by the end of the year, Inc. reports.
- Until the Supreme Court rules on the overall enforceability of class action waivers in arbitration agreements between employers and employees, an arbitrator must decide whether or not a worker is properly classified as an employee or independent contractor in employment-related class action claims.
- How to take a vacation when you’re self-employed without risking or worrying about your business.
- Australian online marketplace Expert360 raised $10 million, enabling it to expand in the US and Asia Pacific, TechCrunch reports.
- A proposal to lower the threshold of revenue reporting to the IRS means more Airbnb hosts and Etsy vendors could have to pay income tax, according to Bloomberg.
- Why Alaska’s gig economy is lagging behind other states.
- Uber and Lyft have hired lobbyists to ensure they have a voice in any potential gig economy legislation.
- Forbes explores the right way to outsource your business.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.