The Weekly Independent: August 12, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• How to turn your independent workforce into a competitive advantage.
• JD Supra explores what’s on the horizon for independent contractors in California.
• NBC reports on the 10 countries with the fastest-growing earnings for freelancers.
• Forbes looks at virtual freelancers and the future of human employment, from Forbes.
• Four tips to secure buy-in for your independent contractor program.
• IR35 employment status is about to become even more taxing, says Lexology.
• Seven overlooked small business tax breaks, according to Yahoo! Finance.
• Not all gig workers want a full-time job, NBC reports.
• How to ask clients for a higher rate.
• Six times it might be time to hire a freelancer, from Forbes.
• How hiring a freelancer can help you find work-life balance.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.