The Weekly Independent: August 13, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The Treasury Department issued regulation that details the types of companies and individuals that qualify as a pass-through entity, allowing them to take advantage of the 20% tax break (part of last year’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act), the New York Times reports.
- Forbes also looks at the IRS guidance on 20% pass-through deduction, noting questions still remain.
- Why a direct sourcing strategy should be part of your hiring process for external talent.
- Bloomberg looks at leading gig economy companies that are lobbying to override the recent Dynamex Supreme Court ruling that makes it harder for employers to classify their workers as independent contractors.
- Five tips to build your independent business and prepare for future growth.
- Lexology digs into the details of new DOL guidance on independent contractor relationships.
- Forbes explores how the ABC test could affect the use of independent contractors.
- The Motley Fool discusses four things to consider before becoming a full-time freelancer.
- How contracts can protect you and your business.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.