The Weekly Independent: September 5, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Salesforce discusses the importance of applying the principles of employee engagement to a freelancer workforce.
- Why older workers are interested in gig economy work, according to Forbes.
- Five benefits your organization can gain from implementing an enterprise-grade direct sourcing solution.
- The gig economy is going to stick around for the foreseeable future. Here’s why.
- Six thought leadership strategies for your consulting business.
- To avoid worker misclassification, always err on the side of autonomy and freedom.
- The gig economy may not bode well for personal finance, a new report finds.
- Why the “Uber-ization” of our workforce could lead to worker misclassification challenges.
- No, freelancing is not easier than traditional work. The Huffington Post explains why.
- Forbes explores how to take advantage of technology and automate your business.
- A look at the possible effects of North Carolina’s new employee misclassification law.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.