The Weekly Independent: September 18, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- MBO Partners CEO, Gene Zaino, explains why self-employed earners are healthier, wealthier, and happier in an article for Staffing Industry Analysts.
- Four benefits to direct sourcing independent talent.
- Recruiter explores how the growing freelance workforce is affecting traditional staffing models.
- Tomorrow, the Joe Biden Institute at the University of Delaware is holding an event focused on the changing world of work.
- Staffing Industry Analysts released new findings and data from research on the human cloud
- Five tips for effective social media writing on Facebook.
- A Wall Street Journal article explores frustrations that independent contractors experience.
- Small Business Labs looks at how the gig economy is shifting its focus to the enterprise market.
- The best ways to build a strong client-contractor relationship.
- If you’re self-employed and unable to work due to natural disasters like Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, you may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance.
- The Wall Street Journal explains how freelancers can save for retirement.
- A recap of the GrubHub trial so far and why it is so important for the future of the gig economy.
- An in-depth exploration of how insurance works in the gig economy, from FT Adviser.
- SHRM explores whether or not federal regulations are needed in today’s sharing economy.
- 10 truths and 10 lies about self-employment, according to Forbes.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.