The Weekly Independent: October 29, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The number of high-earning independent workers is on the rise. Spend Matters reports on our latest State of Independence research brief.
- 10 ways to improve your contingent workforce management program.
- JD Supra takes a look at how to determine worker status.
- Legal requirements for starting a small business.
- Fast Company explores why one startup helps its independent contractors get healthcare.
- The National Law Review reports that the California Court of Appeal found that the Dynamex ABC test does not apply to claims that do not arise under a wage order.
- Work-life balance is important to continued success as an independent professional, says USA Today.
- How to qualify for a mortgage when you’re self-employed, according to the Motley Fool.
- CNBC provides tips for managing finances as a freelancer.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.