The Weekly Independent: October 30, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Procurement platform Palambridge will leverage MBO ‘s marketplace, MBO Partners’ direct sourcing exchange, Spend Matters reports.
- A look at the recent misclassification case against UK taxi company, Addison Lee.
- MBO Partners’ CEO Gene Zaino discusses the rapid growth of the independent workforce and how businesses can prepare for the future in an op-ed for Forbes.
- The Aspen Institute compares various studies about freelancers in the workforce.
- Five tips for refreshing your marketing strategy in 2018.
- The Financial Times looks at why gig workers may be easy prey for bullies and gangmasters.
- An increasing number of independent workers report feeling lonely; Credit Union Times explores why.
- Forbes takes a look at what happens to employers when independent contractors receive unemployment benefits.
- A Globe and Mail opinion piece asks if we are truly ready for the gig economy.
- Why we aren’t all fated to become freelancers, according to Fast Company.
- How to protect against data theft and handle trade secrets when engaging independent contractors.
- CBS News explores what motivates gig workers.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.