The Weekly Independent: December 3, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Solutions Review summarizes MBO’s latest webinar, discussing the top five workforce trends impacting the future of work.
- Do you know what your independent workforce wants? WorldatWork takes a deep dive into answering this question.
- Independent contractor misclassification and compliance news roundup for November.
- A Bloomberg opinion piece explores the idea of two gig economies.
- Follow these five tips to prepare your global business for the changes IR35 will bring to off-payroll working in the private sector.
- Forbes gives advice on year-end tax moves for the self-employed.
- An Uber driver offered his opinion in the ongoing Grubhub misclassification trial, stating why he thinks the Grubhub driver in question was incorrectly classified as an independent contractor.
- Self-employed taxpayers are some of tax reform’s biggest winners, according to Accounting Today.
- Business.com looks at four ways using independent professional talent can give your company a competitive advantage.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.