Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from February.
• Ladders explores how the world of work is changing and how you can change with it.
• Small business marketing strategies.
• West Virginia lawmakers advance worker misclassification tests, reports Bloomberg law.
• One business group is opposing any changes to or repeal of California’s AB 5 law, says Staffing Industry Analysts.
• Seven tax deductions self-employed workers shouldn’t overlook, from The Motley Fool.
• Small Business Trends lists the top 25 self-employed careers.
• A look into the rise of independent contractor and freelancer protections in New York.
• Business.com provides a guide to retirement funds for solopreneurs.
• What you need to know about taxes if you work in the gig economy.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!